Legends always stay alive through their teachings and their contribution to the society. Swami Vivekananda (12 January 1863 – 4 July 1902) also known as Narendranath Datta was one of the apostle of 19th century Indian enigmatic Ramakrishna. He was considered a priest, a teacher, a monk and a lot of titles have been associated with his name. He was a true preacher of universal principles instead of personalities.
Spreading his aura in the western world, he was the one to introduce the western world to the philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga and taking Hinduism to great heights during that time. After a great success to represent Hinduism at the first World Parliament of Religions held in Chicago during 1893 he was tremendously appreciated and was invited to speak all over America and Europe. Swami Vivekananda because of his great spiritual presence and tremendous intellect gained popularity amongst the masses.
Swami Vivekananda's Preachings
Since his birth in an aristocratic Bengali Kayastha family of Kolkata, his inclination was always noticeable towards spirituality. Influenced by the teachings of his master/guru, Ramakrishna, he preached that all living beings/creatures were a manifestation of the divine self; therefore, serving a human or a living being can be considered as a service to almighty God. With his mind full of restlessness and his quest to discover and learn helped him excel in his studies. His teachers were amazed by looking at this. Following the footprints of his master he began his journey throughout the country sowing the seeds of spirituality and also he experienced a lot of hardship during this phase. To his belief India is not a poor country and the main reason that poverty prevailed on the name of religion. During his journey across the nation with his knowledge and wisdom he did impressed a lot of kings and emperors, which help everyone know and experience the real meaning of religion. He understood that in order to preach religion it is first necessary to remove poverty and starvation as that is the major reason that discrimination prevails.
After Impressing the world parliament with his speech and knowledge, Swami Vivekananda spent a good time in America and upon his result as a hero to the nation he was looked upon as a man with power. He was able to get life to many of his ideas in his practice to help the poor like providing education, construction of hospitals and relief centers to help the people in need. His true belief was that under any circumstances life must go on and every individual should keep faith in himself, everyone has to die one day, but till the time you live never lose faith and trust in your own self. Trust yourself before you trust God. Because the day you lose the faith in yourself that is the day you will die. If you are capable of doing something for others never ever step back. It’s better to go to hell by leading a helping hand to someone rather going to heaven by own salvation.
Swami Vivekananda’s beautiful teachings have helped shape the future and mind of a lot of individuals. His contribution to Arya Samaj and yoga is recommendable. He is still alive with his true teachings in lot of books that he has contributed to and his teachings will always be cherished.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes and Sayings:
- Get up,Wake up and do not stop till you achieve your aim/goal.
- Considering/thinking yourself weak or incapable is the biggest sin.
- No one can teach you neither make you spiritual.
- Truth can be told in thousand different ways still truth will remain truth.
- Learn as long as you live as experience is the best teacher in this world.
- We will always reap what we sow, we are the creators of our own destiny.
- The day you do not face any problems/obstacles in your way. Be assured that you are on the wrong path.
- Think and do not worry,give birth to new ideas.
- You would be more closer to the heaven through a football, Rather than studying Gita.
- External nature is only a bigger impression of your inner nature.
- The fire that gives us heat and warmth is capable of destroying us. It's not the fault of fire.
- In a word it is absolute that you are divine.
- Long live those who live for others.
- Neither seek nor try to escape, take whatever comes your way.
- Serve Humanity serve the lord.
- In a conflict between heart and brain always listen to the heart.
- Till the time you don't trust yourself you wont be able to trust God.
- Whatever makes you weak be it physical, mental or intellectual. Leave that thing like a poison.
- The world is a big gymnasium, where we come to make ourselves strong.
- Do one task at a time and ensure while doing the task you dedicate your entire soul and forget every thing else.
Swami Vivekananda Quote List:
- Swami Vivekananda Suvichar
- Swami Vivekananda Anmol Vachan
- Viveknanda Thoughts
- Vivekananda Success Quotes
- विवेकानंद के अनमोल वचन